Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Debut of Paige Addison 3.6.09

Paige Addison is Finally Here!! And boy what a completely different experience this delivery was than Kohan!!

I had Paige all natural ~ not one thing of pain medication in any form
But not by choice.
I went into the hospital Friday Morning at Midnight. By the time I was checked in and ready to go they started me one the gel stuff at 3 in the morning. That had contractions going like crazy, but they were tolerable.
By 6'oclock in the morning they started my Fluids and the Oxytocin drip. At this point I was ready for some kind of pain meds.
Shift Change with the nurses also happened to start at this time + and an extremely busy OB Dept = no nurses to be found anywhere.
By 6:15am I was having contractions every 2 minutes and was now ready to give in and have an epidural, but not nurse to be found.

By 6:30am My water broke, and still no nurse with my contractions now coming what seemed like every 30 seconds. At this point I was done, Brandon was done. He went to get a nurse 4 times at the nurses station and no one was listening to him that my water broke.
FINALLY at 6:45am the head manager of the OB came in her street clothes and checked me. She said I was only a 4 and could have an epidural and they started to prep me. (Amazingly once the Manager was there I had my choice of nurse there was so many in there.)

Well, Miss Paige was in an extreme hurry and as soon as I sat up to get ready for the epidural I had a contraction and dialated to a 10 and had to push. It was total panic in my room, the OB Manager was screaming for a Dr. and nurses to get the baby cart ready, I am in total pain crying for some kind of pain relief, and being told not to push. (Why do the tell you that? Seriously.)

So Thank goodness at 7am Dr. Walters walked into the OB department to start his daily shift and delivered Paige at 7:03am in the morning. No pain meds through contractions, delivery, or an episiotomy. I strongly do not recommend!! But when I looked over at my beautiful baby girl, it was all worth it.
She was 7lbs 10oz. and 20.5 inches long. The same exact size as her brother. And just as cute.

Here are some pictures of the days journey:

Day of Delivery

















Welcome to the world Paige!









Proud Mommy











Proud Daddy












Meeting His baby sister for the first time














1st Family Picture














What a Big Brother!










Paige Addison Evans






























She loves her Boppy!




























Kohan James what a sweetheart





16 comments:

Kourtney Dawn said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!!! Tell Brandon I say congrats to him too!!! Way to go with no pain meds!! It was a way easier recovery for me without an epidural!! Congrats again!!!

Kourtney Dawn said...

P.S. I love that last pic of Kohan holding Paige, it is sooo cute!!!

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

Congrats on the new arrival. Paige is such a beautiful little baby. What a cute family!! We wish all of you the best!!!

Danielle Christene said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Sounds like quite the experience, but I am glad to here that you are both doing well. Looks like Kohan is a natural :)

Tater Four Family said...

Congratulations to your little family. Its perfect!! She is so beautiful and I can not wait to meet her and see you all. Best of luck!!

C said...

She is perfect :) Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her. So sorry for the crazy, painful experience! At least it's over and done with - yay! :) Hope you are doing and healing well!

Erin said...

CONGRATS!!!!
She is simply adorable!

rumzisfamily said...

What an adorable baby girl! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys and keep in touch!

Kristine

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey congrats. Your family is so cute.

Unknown said...

oh goodness amy i totally feel your pain! tytan came the same way completely natural and i was not too excited about that! but she is absolutaly beautiful! congrat i cant wait to meet her! Mr. kohen looks like an excellent big brother also!

Shay said...

Congrats Amy!!! What a beautiful baby girl. I wish you the best! You look so happy being a mommy and a wife.

The Fish Family said...

Birthing stories are so wonderful. That sounds similar to my experience with Castin. No nurses and no pain meds. Only your little one was about 2lbs. bigger than he was. She is so worth it though. What a little doll. I am so excited for all of you and can't wait to meet her in person (I'm baby hungry, pretty bad!!). If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to give me a call. Talk to you soon!!

Danielle Christene said...

To answer your question about the mop... yes it works on laminate floors, thats what we have... I am pretty sure it works on any type of hard floor. Let me know how you like it if you end up getting one :)

Heath and Cortney Clark said...

yay for babies!!! i love it!! she is such a doll, so stinkin cute! she makes all that crappy pain worth it! well way to tough it out girl!! props for that!!! makes you appreciate your litle one that much more!!! Well you guys look like your doing great and i can't wait to see you guys! i hope that is soon! i miss you girl! its been so so long!! Congrats! she is beautiful!!!

Love you!!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

Hi Amy! This is Katie Slone, Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl she is so sweet! Your family is just adorable!

Heath and Cortney Clark said...

yes my parents house is for sale and they are wanting to come up this way.. its not the best time to sell but you n ever know who may come along. You guys are so dang cute and have such a good looking family.. Heath and i are actually expecting again.. yes.. i know so soon.. thats what we say.. SURPRISE to us too.. but we are exited what are we to do right?! anywho, its been far too long and i really would love to see you guys.. we need to keep eachother up to date when we both may be around..